I am on a Salad binge these days. Some days back I relished the Penne Pasta Salad and now this amazingly yummy one. Quick to make, low on calorie and full on nutrition, this salad can be eaten any given day for lunch or dinner. This rainbow of veggies also leads you to guilt free eating. The awesome combination of chickpeas and quinoa makes it high in protein and a drizzle of vinegar, olive oil, honey along with cumin powder gives it a heavenly taste.
Colour, texture and crunch! This recipe has it all. Let this simple protein power packed salad make your lunchtime a little more delicious.
Serves – 2 people as main and 4 people as a side
1 cup = 240 ml
- ½ cup Chickpeas
- ½ cup Quinoa
- 1 carrot (cut into thin strips)
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 baby lebanese cucumber (cut into quarters)
- 5-6 broccoli florets
- handful of raisins
Honey- Lemon Dressing :
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 and ½ tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 and a half tbs vinegar
Instructions – How to prepare Chickpea & Quinoa Moroccan Salad
- Boil chickpea in a pressure cooker or pan until cooked. Allow it to cool before mixing with other vegetables.
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions. Allow the quinoa to cool before tossing with the salad ingredients.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Combine the vegetables, chickpea and quinoa in a salad bowl and mix well. Now drizzle the dressing into the salad and toss well to combine everything.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for later use.