Look at these gorgeous Apple chips. Don’t they just look lovely. Let me tell you they are yummier than what they look in the photo. Apple Cinnamon chips – one of the easiest healthy recipe you will ever find. Just wash the apples, slice them into circles, coat them with cinnamon (sugar- optional) and bake them. That’s it !
So one fine day while I was surfing Pinterest a gorgeous picture caught my eye. I couldn’t resist opening the link and i was led into this easy and healthy recipe page. I was Wow’ed by the idea of Apple chips for the very simple reason that both me and my hubby are not big fans of apple and trying out this simple recipe meant that apple could find a place in our daily intake of nutrients.
High in vitamin C, fibre and B complex vitamins this recipe is a must try. A delicious healthy snack and you don’t have to worry about over indulging.
So i checked out a few different links for Apple Cinnamon Chips recipe and took a little bit of good from all of them. Most of the recipes suggested adding sugar onto the chips while coating, however i omitted this part completely in order to maintain them being called healthy and the chips came out just fine.
You need to bake these cinnamon coated apple slices in the oven for appx. 2 hours till they dehydrate. Let me tell you – these chips are worth the wait. I surprised my husband in the evening and he totally loved these beautiful crispy chips. So I am definitely gonna make them again in the middle of this week 🙂
And to be precise I used Royal Gala Apples.
- 2 Apples (I used Royal Gala but you can use any)
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- Cooking Spray
Instructions – How to prepare Healthy Baked Apple Cinnamon Chips
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
- In the meantime slice the apples to appx. 1/8th of an inch. The thinner the apple slices, the crunchier the chips. I used a knife to slice since I didn’t have a slicer which would have made the work easier and quicker.
- Now coat the apple slices with cinnamon. (Adding sugar is optional)
- Spray a baking sheet/aluminium foil with cooking spray and line the apples flat on the sheet. The apple should not overlay else they won’t bake properly.
- Bake for an hour and flip the slices. Now bake for another hour. You will notice that the slices start getting crispy. Bake for sometime more if they are not as crunchy.
- Allow to cool completely and then place in an air-tight container. Can last for up to 4 days (If Still left !)
I can’t stop gazing at the beautiful picture below.