So the weather is amazing today – it’s drizzling in intervals and my toddler is sleeping peacefully. What a lucky day for me 🙂 (there are only limited days like this one. Ahh !) I love rain, I always have. Whether it means stretching out my arms and feeling the raindrops on my fingers or watching the raindrops fall, sitting by the window sill. The entire scene evokes a feeling of happiness and peace inside me.
And then, when you are happy what do you think of the most? Something you love right? So I had this urgent urge of eating something nice and coincidentally someone on facebook had shared a video of Zucchini Tater Tots. I immediately loved the idea of the use of Zucchini, since it had been sitting in my refrigerator for a week now and I absolutely had no idea of what to do with it. I was in no mood to cook the veggie Indian style and was in dire need of a fresh recipe. This video came to my rescue. So while I am writing this blog post Zucchini Tater Tots are baking in my Oven. How good is that? Rain and tater tots – Both go so well together 🙂
A quick and simple recipe. Zucchini, Potato, Salt and some oil. I thought that the tots would be too bland so added a bit of garlic powder and dried parsley leaves.
They came out great and super Delicious. A 30 minute recipe which is yummy and healthy at the same time.
Thank god for that video which saved my Zucchini from going bad.
Go ahead and try this new recipe.
Serves : The recipe makes 10 tater tots
- 1 Medium sized potato (boiled)
- ½ Zucchini
- Salt as per taste
- Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Dried Parsley
Baking Instructions – How to prepare Zucchini Tater Tots
- Preheat Oven to 220 degrees C (425 degrees F).
- In the meantime grate boiled potato and keep it aside.
- Now grate Zucchini (no need to remove the skin) and squeeze out the juice completely. I used a clean tea towel to do that.
- Mix grated potato, grated zucchini, parsley, garlic powder and salt to taste. Mix the ingredients well.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil. Now use your hands to make cylindrical shapes of the mixture. Place the tots on the baking tray as you make it.
- Once the mixture is consumed place the baking tray in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up the tots.
- Now bake the Zucchini tater tots for appx. 30 minutes flipping half way in between and until golden brown on the surface.
Serve these aromatic, delicious and healthy Zucchini Tater tots with tomato ketchup.