I needn’t explain how awesomely delicious are these Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffle. The photo says it all “blown from the hand of god”. They are divine and heavenly in taste. Creamy, light and delectable. To top it all they are healthy too for they are made with dark chocolate and avocados. An easy-to-make comfort food that you can eat guilt free. How awesome is that?
Well I am munching on one now and I feel like in Heaven. No stress on the mind and the body. The recipe is also very easy and this dessert is made under 30 mins. So there is no excuse to not make it.
Watch out for the recipe and I assure, you would be tempted to make it right then and there. Just like I was 🙂
- 150 gms Dark Chocolate (I used 1½ Lindt with 70% Cocoa)
- ½ large Avocado
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Desiccated Coconut for rolling the chocolate balls in
- Mash avocado in a bowl with a fork.
- In a separate bowl melt dark chocolate in microwave. Once chocolate is fully in liquid form add it to the mashed avocado.
- Add in vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Combine and stir the mixture well to make it lump free. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for appx 15 minutes and then 5 minutes in the freezer.
- The mixture will turn smooth and slightly hard. Scoop out and divide into small little balls (whatever size you want) and roll to get a smooth finish.
- Finally roll the balls on desiccated coconut or Cocoa powder.
Enjoy the truffle one at a time or maybe two, three or four 😉 Store in an air tight box in the refrigerator.
A small point to remember: If the Dark Chocolate-Avocado mixture gets too hard in the fridge, it would not be possible to melt the mixture in microwave. Doing this would make the Avocado go bad and the taste would drastically alter. So keeping an eye during those 15 minutes refrigeration is highly important.
Go ahead and try these awesome divine little Avocado-Chocolate balls.